Seeking: TikTok/Reels/Snapchat Intern
About TMI Project
TMI Project’s mission is to help craft and amplify radically true stories to ignite human connection, challenge the status quo, and inspire both storytellers and listeners to take action for positive social change.
We do this by:
- Teaching true storytelling workshops which culminate in live performances and digital content that focus on the “too much information” parts of a story typically left out because of shame, stigma, fear or cultural expectation.
- Centering our programming around four social justice initiatives: Anti-Racism, Gender Equity, LGBTQIA+ Rights, and Mental Health Awareness.
- Partnering with schools, nonprofits, small businesses, and corporations to work with directly impacted folks, students, emerging and veteran activists, and leaders.
- Shining the spotlight on the stories that may not be featured in mainstream media or recognized in history books but have the power to change the world.
Since 2010, TMI Project has led more than 100 true storytelling workshops and staged live storytelling performances by nearly 2,000 storytellers, which have been presented to audiences of nearly 200,000 people in schools, colleges, prisons, mental health clinics, theaters, community centers, the United Nations and online.
About the Position
TMI Project is seeking a TikTok/Reels/Snapchat Intern to join our small but growing team.
This is a part-time internship, roughly 5-10 hours a week, and we require that you use your own computer and smartphone to complete social media-related projects and tasks. We provide a $500 stipend per quarter (3 months) to cover travel and any work-related expenses, distributed at the successful completion of the internship.
This internship will benefit someone who is interested in storytelling, social justice and advocacy as well as the marketing aspects of running a nonprofit organization, particularly in digital marketing.
We are seeking an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, with extensive experience on TikTok, Reels, and Snapchat. The position will work closely with the Marketing & Digital Coordinator and the Operations and Programs Manager to assist in the strategic development, collaboration, and implementation of various digital marketing campaigns for TMI Project’s in-house programs. In addition to experience, the person selected for this position will need strong critical and creative thinking skills, and an ability to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Reimagine and edit our preexisting content into condensed formats
- Post short-format content onto our newly-created TikTok and Snapchat accounts as well as Reels on our Instagram account
- Manage engagement with our online audience on TikTok and Snapchat as well as monitoring Instagram Reels for comments and shares
- Assist in reporting analytics to the TMI Project board and executive staff
- Research social media optimization on TikTok and Snapchat including vanity filters, stickers, and GIFs
- Expand TMI Project’s digital audience across our social platforms by research and engagement to relevant organizations, leaders/influencers, media outlets, as well as attracting younger audiences
- Help produce and post live content at potential in-person events
Who you are
- A collaborative individual with excellent interpersonal, emotional, and rapport-building communication skills
- A compassionate human who believes in the power of true storytelling for social justice movement building
- An independent worker with the ability to work remotely and on a deadline
- A timekeeper who likes to stick to a deadline
- A problem solver with an array of multitasking skills
- A go-getter with a productive, proactive work ethic
- A flexible individual who holds a strong sense of self and stays calm under pressure
- An extremely organized person with a strong attention to detail
- A student interested in learning from and working with diverse communities
- A chameleon who is able to write in the voice of the organization but can also tailor copy for different audiences
- A grammar nerd who can dot the I’s and cross the T’s
- A tech geek familiar and comfortable with: Google Drive, Slack, Salsa (or a comparable CRM), Buffer (or a comparable social media management platform), and, of course, TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram
- A global thinker with strong passions for literary and performing arts and social justice movements, past and present
- An inspiring worker with a general understanding of and desire to work in the nonprofit arts world
TMI Project interns bring a well-rounded set of experiences, skills, and a steadfast openness to learn, as well as initiative to help develop and advance the TMI Project mission: to change the world, one radically true story at a time. TMI Project works to ensure our illustrative programming is inclusive of people of all backgrounds and creeds, and we are committed to building a team that matches the diversity of the communities we serve. BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA+ applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.*
TMI Project strives to intentionally create a work environment where everyone can feel authentically themselves and experience a sense of belonging. This position can be remote, but applicants in NY’s Ulster, Dutchess, Orange, Green, Columbia Counties will have the opportunity to join us at The Greenhouse, a co-working space dedicated to incubating nonprofit organizations in the Hudson Valley. The space is located in the heart of the beautiful Hudson Valley, right in the middle of Kingston, NY, New York’s first state capital.
We are currently offering a 6 month contract, with the possibility of extending– and, while not guaranteed, there is also the potential room for growth within the organization.
Please fill out the application below, which includes a PDF upload of your resume and cover letter.
* TMI Project is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is one of the defining strengths of our community and the diversity of our workforce is essential to accomplishing the TMI Project’s mission as it is important to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. TMI Project is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices and creating a culture of inclusion that values each individual and promotes collaboration and fairness.